The club will be called Running for Time and will be affiliated to England Athletics.
The club colours are Green and Black and athletes competing for the club are expected to wear the club vest/tee shirt.
2. Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities for men and women in road running.
- To promote the club within the local community and road running.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
3. Club Equity Statement
This club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport England definition of sports equity:
Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment. Membership should consist of officers and members of the club. All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
- Racing member (First Claim)*.
- Racing member (Second Claim)*.
- Running member.
* Racing membership includes affiliation to England Athletics.
The membership year runs from 1st April to 30th March.
5. Membership fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
The current fee structure is as follows.
Racing Member (First Claim): £30
Racing Member (Second Claim): £25
Running member: £20
Racing memberships include a club vest/tee shirt.
The membership year runs from 1st April to 30th March and the cost is the same irrespective of the time of year you join.
6. Officers of the club
The officers of the club will be:
- Social Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Club Captain
- Run Coordinator
- Kit Officer
- Welfare Officer
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. The current list of incumbent officers can be found here.
New committee roles will be considered and added at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
A detailed description of the roles and responsibilities of the committee can be found here
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- The officers detailed in section 6. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Committee.
- The Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than 6 times per year.
- Decisions to be agreed at the meeting should be met by a majority verdict across the whole committee (4 votes to 3)
- The Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Committee as necessary to fulfil its business
- The Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on: 31st March.
An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus up to two other officers.
9. Annual General Meetings
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The quorum for AGMs will be 25% of the membership.
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
10. Discipline and appeals
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Committee will meet to hear complaints within 28 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 28 days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 28 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
Running for Time will follow the best practises guided by England Athletics:
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of England Athletics.
11. Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
Running for Time hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.